Here I present a technique to completely relax the physical body.
The Quick Relax
- Find a comfortable position to sit or lay down in. Make sure it really is comfortable, just as with classic meditation you’ll be in that position for a while.
- Moving from our toes to your head, clench tight one big muscle group at a time. In other words, start clenching the muscles in your feet, then your calves, then thighs and so forth until you come to the top of the head.
- Hold all our muscle groups tightly tensed for a few seconds.
- Take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds.
- As your exhale, release all the energy stored in your muscles; completely relax and go limp.
- Scan through our body, one big muscle group at a time, to see if there is any tension left. If so, clench that muscle group tightly again – hold your breath – and let go.
By now you should be quickly yet rather completely relaxed and ready to other energy work, meditation or magick. Note: you might get muscle spasms from doing this excercise. Simply massage the area for a few moments, redo the technique and you should be good to go. Do not let the muscle spasms intimidate you.